The Young Professionals and Early Career Committee (YPECC) is a group of ASHE Professional Active Members and Associate Members. The committee aims to help improve member value and enhance the member experience for young professionals and early career professionals (those transferring to the health care facility management field from other fields). The YPECC will work to improve workforce trends in the health care engineering field. The YPECC will achieve this by providing expert guidance and feedback to ASHE staff and by overseeing task forces with specific charges aligned with the strategic plan.
- The YPECC is made of no more than five members, plus a committee chair and vice chair for a total of seven members.
- The YPECC reports to the ASHE Steering Committee, comprised of the ASHE Advisory Board Executive Committee and the ASHE Senior Management Team.
Committee Member Terms and Appointment
- Committee members are expected to serve for a term of two (2) years.
- ASHE staff appoints new members to the committee to replace the member(s) whose term(s) is/are expiring with a review from the ASHE Executive Committee.
- Any committee member is eligible to serve as chair or vice chair.
- The vice chair must have served as a committee member for at least one year before they can be promoted to vice chair.
- Each year, ASHE staff appoints a vice chair who will serve for one year in that role before serving as chair for the following year.
- Chair service is a two-year commitment with the expectation of the vice chair taking over as chair after serving as vice chair.
Member Eligibility and Requirements
- All committee members must be ASHE members if eligible.
- All committee members must complete all required legal forms (conflict of interest, non-disclosure agreement, etc.).
- All committee members must be young professionals (approximately 40 years old or younger) and/or newly transitioned to the health care facility field from another field.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Participate in strategic discussions as needed.
- Provide strategic direction and input to ASHE staff as needed.
- Schedule and participate in virtual calls as needed to complete the work of the Committee.
- Oversee the work of the following task forces:
- Students task force
- Scholarship and Awards task force
- Mentorship task force
- Early Career Member Value task force
- Young Professionals Member Value task force
Additional Responsibilities for chair and/or vice chair (if chair is unable)
- Participate in Advisory Board meetings (virtually or in person) as needed to keep leaders updated on committee activities.
- With guidance from ASHE staff, develop all virtual meeting agendas.
- Schedule all virtual meetings of the committee, keep track of all workflow and document meeting notes and decisions.
- Include designated ASHE staff liaison in all meetings and documentation.
- Members are expected to serve on the Committee for a minimum of two years.
- The maximum term for a member to serve on the Committee would be four years (two years as a Committee member, plus one year as vice chair and one year as chair).
- Members are expected to participate in virtual calls as needed (at least once/month) for up to 90 minutes each.
- Members are expected to complete all ‘off line’ work as assigned by members, staff and/or chair (up to 5 hours/month)
- Chair or Vice chair are expected to participate in ASHE Advisory Board Meetings (virtually or in person) as needed (up to three times/year)